Lemon Bars with a twist of chocolate!
Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cup - Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup - Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup - Swerve Sweetner
- 4 tbsp - Butter
- 1 cup - Lemon Juice
- 8 tbsp - Butter
- 1/2 tsp - Xanthan Gum
- 5 - Egg
- 2 - Egg Yolk, separated from white
- 3/4 cup - Swerve Sweetener
The directions to make Lemon Bars with Chocolate Crust are in the section below, but first, please take a moment to learn about our personalized Keto plans.
Personalized "Done-For-You" Keto
Want to try Keto but don't know how to start?
Keto can be confusing. It's important to eat the right amount of carbs, protein, and fat for your body type. But that means hours spent searching for recipes, tracking the nutrition for each meal, and complicated calculations and adjustments to make sure you're on track.
That's why we started making personalized Keto plans. We make Keto easy.
Four Weeks of Mouth-Watering Keto Meals
Our personalized keto plans show you exactly what to eat — every meal of every day — for 28 days. They include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. And they're curated by our Keto experts from our private library of over 1,200 recipes.
This recipe, "Lemon Bars with Chocolate Crust," was taken from our private library of recipes. So you can see the food you'll be eating is keto-friendly and delicious.
We're all about making Keto easy for you. That means no guesswork or stress about if you’re "doing it right." All you have to do is follow along.
Customized Measurements to Deliver BIG Results FAST — Without Cravings
Our custom Keto meal plans help you lose weight fast... without cravings. Because we build your plan to target your exact nutritional needs. We account for everything — including your age, gender, activity level, current weight, and goal weight. That way, we can give you the perfect balance of calories and nutrients to feel full and fight cravings, while still seeing the pounds melt away without exercise.
Ingredients Tailored for Your Taste Buds, So You Love Every Bite
We also customize the meals in our Keto plans for your tastebuds. You can tell us all the ingredients you want us to avoid in your plan. So your meals will ONLY use foods you like, and won’t have any foods you don’t like. That way, you will love every bite as you watch the pounds fall off.
Time-Saving Weekly Grocery Lists
Every meal plan also includes a time-saving weekly grocery list that coordinates with each week’s recipes. That way you don’t have to go line-by-line through each recipe and write down the ingredients before you can go shopping.
We do it all for you!
Just print out the shopping list and take it to the market, or even shop from the convenience of your phone. Either way, our grocery lists will let you get in and out of the store in no time.
Want to get started?
Take the Keto Quiz to begin customizing your plan. It'll even show you how much you can lose and how fast.
Here are the directions to make Lemon Bars with Chocolate Crust...
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine together almond flour, swerve sweetener, cocoa powder, and melted butter.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients until a crumbly dough has been formed.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan to create the crust. Flatten the surface as evenly as possible and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Reduce the oven temperature to 320°F.
- In another bowl, whisk together lemon juice and melted butter. Microwave for 2 minutes or until completely heated through.
- Remove from the microwave and sprinkle xanthan gum. Vigorously whisk for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, egg yolks, and swerve sweetener. Whisk the ingredients together and add the warm lemon mixture. Continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the chilled crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.